I woke up this morning in the second to last time in my “college bedroom.” I don’t really know if I can describe the feelings, but it’s definitely a weird one. I have enjoyed this time so much. There are so many small things that I’ll remember about my room, like…
- The colorful tree to the left of my window in the fall.
- The magnolia tree across the street in the spring.
- The way my room was set up, and the furniture that was in it.
- My two lamps (I don’t like overhead lighting that much).
- My little “systems,” like getting ready in the morning.
- The soft curtains that I had draping over my windows; They “softened” up my room.
There are so many things that I will remember about this room/house, and this time in my life.
(My room is the one with a double window in the upper right.)
I am looking ahead and there are 24 (actually, 25) hours left until I graduate, and I am so so excited for the next phase! Yesterday, I spent the morning boxing up my room. It took about three hours to do. Justin then helped me load everything into his car.
Imagine this: the backseat of a Nissan Murano laid down, then boxes filling the car from the top to the bottom. No room to look out the rear view mirror!
My whole life was in that carload. I wish I would have taken a picture because I’m not sure if I will ever be able to fit my whole life in a car like that again. The mental picture that I have in my head will have to work for now. Maybe on my next car load when I move in with Justin (in t-minus 5 months from today!!!), I’ll remember to take a picture, because it will probably be in one car load (hopefully!) again.
I’m going to enjoy this last bit of time that I have in my room on Berkley. I can’t believe how quickly this year passed! I cannot wait to see my family tomorrow! Graduation – here I come!