Much needed wedding update

It’s way past my bedtime, but this blog post is on my mind so I thought I’d just jot down a couple of thoughts regarding the wedding planning… since we’re at 87 days and counting!!

We’re currently waiting on the proofs for our invitations to come in. They should be in within the next day or two. We’ll make a few tweaks (if necessary) then get the rest made. Luckily we’re able to get the envelopes early (i.e. next week!) so I can start addressing them. Perfect timing on that because…
Justin is out of town next week. So it’ll give me a little something to do while he’s gone. The family that I’m currently living with is going to Colorado for two weeks and they leave this Sat. morning, so they won’t be around to keep me busy either. So I’m thinking address envelopes, read a good book, arts and crafts all week, run a little, and going to bed early are on my list of things to do.
We’ve had two engagement shoots this month. One was for a friend from church; she is building her photography portfolio and building her business, so we helped her do that. She took some AMAZING pictures of us at Butler, so we’ll have to order some of those from her. Here’s the link to her blog in case you want to see some pics. The last photo is actually a slideshow of a whole series of photos… kind of fun to look at. Click here to view that engagement shoot.
The other engagement shoot was with our wedding photographer, Kim Long. It was done in Cincinnati at a beautiful park over 4th of July weekend. We’re still waiting on those photos!
While we were in Cincinnati over the 4th of July, we also went wedding cake testing. It was a blast! We had cake for breakfast, and then for a mid-afternoon snack. Yum! We’re still undecided… so that’s something we still need to narrow down.
We also found a florist. We’re still finalizing those details, but the bulk of that “project” is complete!
We went to our venue and explored a little (since it’s outdoors) and found neat places to get pictures taken on our wedding day. We also met with the wedding coordinator for the venue and finalized some things with her. The menu is finalized, which is a relief!
Justin and I went to Elkhart this past weekend for a bridal shower, as well as to look at suits for him and to get my dress fitted. It was a GREAT weekend! We got up early and went to look at the suit on Saturday, then came back and laid by the pool… it was so relaxing! On Sunday, we went to church, then went back to Justin’s parents’ home for the shower. The guys all left to go watch the World Cup and all of the girls stayed back for the shower. It was a beautiful shower. I can’t think “The Book Club” (Becky Roach, Kim Griffey, Sabrina Kime and Janet Miller) enough for all of the time that they put into the shower. I felt so loved. Over 30 people came to the shower, including my amazing mom and sisters. They drove all of the way to/from Cincinnati on Sunday, just so that they could come to the shower. I cannot express how wonderful it was to have them there. It meant so much to me that they drove all that way. I’m so glad that they were able to see the amazing group of family members and friends that I’ll be marrying into. I just can’t thank everyone enough. πŸ™‚
I also had my first dress fitting after the shower (and I’m glad my mom and sisters were able to be there for it, too)! I’ve turned my dress over to Mrs. Griffey so that she can work her magic. I trust her whole-heartedly. Ok, enough about the dress… don’t want to give away any details! πŸ™‚
Un-wedding related, Justin and I went running together for the first time over the 4th of July. I know it wasn’t his fortay, but I appreciate him making the effort and sticking it out the way he did. He never complained… not once. He never ceases to amaze me. So we ran in the morning, then went kayaking in the afternoon along The Little Miami river, which flows into the Ohio river. We kayaked to the Ohio River and watched the boats go by for a while… that was fun πŸ™‚ Actually, what was even more fun was when my dad (he went too) was sitting with his legs outside of the kayak and a huge boat flew by and created huge waves and my dad almost got flipped. He was wedged against the shore. Took on quite a bit of water but managed not to flip. It was impressive.
Ok, this quick update needs to end. Wayyy past my bedtime now! There are plenty of details that I’m leaving out… so I’ll elaborate more later…

Submit a comment